Site Open Doors International
Open Doors is an international, interdenominational organisation that supports Christians who are persecuted for their faith.
Open Doors is an international, interdenominational organisation that supports Christians who are persecuted for their faith. Within the regional department Middle East & North Africa the following job has become vacant:
Sub Regional Manager
(40 hours a week)
We are looking for a leader with a strong vision on ”where the church can be” and her role in society at large. You are responsible for the development and implementation of the subregional strategy, designed to support and strengthen the Church in the Persian speaking part of the Middle East North Africa Region (MENA). As Sub Regional Manager you provide support and guidance to our PSW teams in long term programming and implementation of plans. You are responsible for people, programming, strategic alignment, strategic partnerships, local ownership, and accountability in this region. You are a member of the regional Leadership Team and contribute to the development of the strategic planning of the broader MENA region. You report to the MENA Director.
You will be responsible for:
- Translating the vision into strategy and help build and increase local capacities of people and churches, in order to strengthen the local church resilience.
- Managing the development, implementation and realization of realistic annual country plans, including prioritising and resource allocation.
- Providing leadership to the team by demonstrating our core values and organisational culture.
- Encouraging organisational learning and ensuring proper working conditions and spiritual care that foster motivated, committed and effectively operating staff (incl. managing behaviour).
- Leading and co-designing important organisational transitions and changes.
- Establishing, managing and facilitating a growing number of strategic partnerships. Connecting (strategic) partners and third parties, to improve and enhance a collaborative approach with other stakeholders in the region.
Becoming successful as a Sub Regional Manager means that you:
- Preferably hold a Master’s degree in Management, Social or Community Development, or any related field.
- Have multi-year and relevant experience in Strategic Planning, Programme Management, and Evaluation & Learning, either within the Church or a faith-based organisation.
- Have solid work experience in (remote) people management in an integral and cross-functional senior leadership role in a complex, intercultural and professional organisation.
- Have a strong desire to and understanding of working with the Church, specifically Christian communities under pressure, including those facing arrest and imprisonment, and understanding of alternative church models.
- Have experience co-leading organisational change.
- Have demonstrable knowledge of the culture and customs in the region.
- Are willing and able to travel domestically and abroad, up to 65 days annually.
- Are proficient in English and fluent in Farsi, both written and spoken.
- (Female) candidates originating from and living in the region have preference and priority.
- Vision: developing strategic direction, based on field research, participatory planning and alignment with the organisational mandate and regional priorities.
- Planning & organising: planning and organising tasks and responsibilities in an efficient and effective way.
- Decisiveness: making decisions effectively in any given circumstance.
- Relationship building: building and maintaining professional relationships and networks that create added value.
- Self-reflection: reflecting on personal behaviour and values, styles of communication, strengths, weaknesses, and impact on others. Maintaining personal effectiveness and emotional stability, also in the face of adversity and stress.
- Intercultural awareness: knowledge, skills and attitudes that lead to visible behaviour and communication that is both effective and appropriate in intercultural interactions.
- People oriented leadership: inspiring and encouraging personal growth, work activities and performance with the goal of optimising efficient use of talent and strength.
This is a salaried position, min. €4.356,- to max. €5.879,- (fulltime, 40 hours per week). Working at Open Doors means that you are actively involved in the worldwide Persecuted Church. We offer you a versatile position in an international environment, a professional team and the opportunity to show your added value.
Please send your cover letter and resume (both in English) no later then April 22nd 2022, to David Karelse [email protected]. If you have questions about the position, please use this same email address.