Site Dorcas Aid International
Together with hundreds of colleagues and tens of thousands of volunteers, Dorcas invests in sustainable change in the lives of people in need.
For those in need! Dorcas is active in Eastern Europe, Eastern Africa, and the Middle East. Local colleagues lead our 14 country offices. We invest in resilient communities in which everyone can participate. We help over one million people annually. When a disaster or a crisis occurs, we provide humanitarian assistance and support communities to rebuild themselves. At the same time, we invest in structural solutions for poverty and social exclusion. In our work we are accountable, compassionate, determined and locally led.
The war in Ukraine has resulted in a major humanitarian crisis. Many people face the consequences of war, are internally displaced to other parts of Ukraine, or have left the country. Dorcas has three offices in Ukraine: one in Uzhhorod, Transcarpathia, one in Zaporizhzhia city and one in Dnipro city. From our office in Zaporizhzhia our team and partners provide food support, multi-purpose cash assistance. We aim to scale up our mental health and psychosocial support programming. Our work in Ukraine is growing and therefore we are recruiting an
Area Manager East Ukraine
(Fulltime, Zaporizhzhia or Dnipro)
Purpose of the position
As Area Manager you are responsible for the overall leadership and management of new and existing projects and programmes in Eastern Ukraine (Dnipro and Zaporizhzhia). In close cooperation with the Director of Programs you further develop the area strategic and annual plan. In our humanitarian and development (Nexus) projects and programmes we emphasize a secure implementation environment, empowering local ownership, and lasting impact through adequate sustainability. You are part of the country management team (CMT) that consists of our Country Director, Manager Finance, Director of Programmes (your line manager) and 2 Area Managers. As CMT member you contribute to the strategic direction of Dorcas Ukraine.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Developing the (strategic) programmes, project plans and budgets for the area.
- Managing the Project Managers ensuring effective delivery of all objectives.
- Overseeing implementation and monitoring of our projects in line with donor compliance policies.
- Ensuring a secure implementation environment with a regularly updated, high-quality safety &security risk analysis.
- In close coordination with the Director of Programmes representing Dorcas Ukraine in relevant networks and fora. Building and maintaining positive relationships with (potential) in-country institutional donors and other (external) stakeholders.
- Substantially contributing to designing winning proposals and to a growing portfolio in line with the area strategic and area annual plan.
- Ensuring evaluation and learning aspects on existing projects are used to improve the implementation of running projects and for future programming.
- Contributing to effective partnerships using assessment tools and guidelines.
- Supporting our vision on localisation, ensuring local capacity is supported and strengthened and local knowledge and expertise are seen as valuable resources to drive programmatic choices and decisions.
- Building high performing teams ensuring implementation of our performance management system.
- Stimulating an inclusive and empowering environment enabling staff to excel and inspiring innovation.
- Quarterly reporting on all area programme activities.
Are you looking for the chance to become part of our work in Ukraine? This is an outstanding opportunity for a high-energy and experienced humanitarian professional to be part of a growing country organisation. Becoming successful as Area Manager means you:
- Fully support our vision, mission, and core Christian values.
- Are strong in planning and organising, participatory leadership and coaching.
- Have interpersonal, cross cultural and organisational sensitivity.
- Are flexible and have good analytical and writing skills.
- Are able to work in a fluid and insecure environment.
- Have good command of Ukrainian or Russian language, and also of the English language.
- Have several years experience in a similar position, preferably in a conflict/ post-conflict setting.
- Hold a university degree in a humanitarian, development, or other relevant field.
- Candidates originating from and/ or living in Ukraine have preference and priority.
Working with Dorcas Ukraine
We offer the exciting opportunity to lead our work in Eastern Ukraine. Working with Dorcas means you will:
- Become part of a growing, ambitious, and well-established international organisation.
- Lead a growing team of dedicated colleagues working to save lives and enable sustainable change in East Ukraine.
- Work with expats and national professionals and a dedicated team in the Netherlands.
- Be provided with professional training opportunities.
- Receive a 12-month contract or consultancy contract and good benefits.
Information and application
You are kindly invited to send a cover letter and resume (both in English) no later than June 12th to email@example.com. For more information about this position or the recruitment process, please contact David, recruiter, at the above e-mail or at +31682568838.
Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are kindly advised to submit your application as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. An assessment may be part of the recruitment process.
All Dorcas employees sign the Dorcas code of conduct and are obliged to adhere to it. The protection of the child has specific attention in our code of conduct. We hereby follow the PSEA guidelines (Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse). During the application process we can perform a background check, including references from former employers. Read our Code of Conduct.
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuur je je sollicitatie naar firstname.lastname@example.org