ZOA supports people in Africa, South America, the Middle East region, and Asia who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster.
We are here to support communities hit by crises, restoring dignity and promoting choice.
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from our office in Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. We are active in Africa, South America, the Middle East region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We are funded by our constituency in the Netherlands and by a wide range of institutional donors. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
Are you looking for the opportunity to add your expertise and strength to our mission? We are currently recruiting an
(Apeldoorn, 32-40 hours per week)
ZOA has made an excellent name for itself as a professional and reliable Relief and Recovery organisation. It is a reputation we value highly and that we are keen to expand on. As internal auditor, you make an essential contribution to realising exactly that.
Your core responsibility is to prepare, conduct and report on internal audits conducted periodically in each of our country organisations and in our central office in Apeldoorn. You work closely together with Arjan and Gerard, who also work as Internal Auditor. We believe that the critical eyes and ears of our internal audit team contribute to a healthy level of accountability, learning and improvement and to being in control as an organisation. Not just in terms of finance, but also in terms of our commitment towards the people we serve in our programmes worldwide.
At international level this means you review and analyse systems, documents and information. You also frequently travel to our country programmes and connect the administrative status with our operational practice at field level. You meet and talk to the people we serve in our programmes in countries like Sudan, DR Congo or Iraq. As in all we do at ZOA, we want to focus on the people we serve!
Based on the experience gained in these audits, you contribute to monitoring countries’ efforts to improve and to the ongoing development of our quality and risk management standards and systems.
Are you an experienced financial or operational auditor with experience in international relief and development or a similar field? Or perhaps you have MEAL or programme management experience and a strong affinity with audits and investigations? We are looking for someone who knows how to combine audit skills with the complex reality of international relief and development programmes.
Becoming successful as Internal Auditor means you:
- Have a Masters’ degree in auditing, business administration or similar or are trained in international development and are prepared to further develop your knowledge and skills.
- Have multi-year experience in auditing and some experience with monitoring and evaluating relief and development projects or vice versa.
- Are analytically strong, persuasive and good at prioritising, planning and organising your work.
- Have organisational, intercultural and interpersonal sensitivity.
- Are willing and able to travel internationally up to 4 or 5 times per year.
- Have an excellent command of the English language, both verbally and written; French and Spanish are a bonus.
- Fully support the vision, mission and Christian values of ZOA.
- A challenging position and opportunity to support communities hit by crises.
- The chance to work with colleagues from all over the world by visiting our programmes and witnessing first-hand the impact of our work.
- An international environment with a continuous focus on and desire to improve and innovate.
- Ability to work from home.
- A one-year contract with the intention of an open-ended contract.
- An attractive salary of €4.051,- to €5.692,- (based on full-time, 40 hours) and good fringe benefits, including a 13th month, 29 leave days, and a good pension plan.
Interested and you want to apply?
Please apply on our website at the latest by February 16, 2023. If you have questions about this vacancy, please contact Leo den Besten at +31634553661 or email@example.com. For questions about the recruitment process, please contact David Karelse at +31682568838 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A valid work permit to work in The Netherlands is required.
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
Please note that, as part of its recruitment process, ZOA carries out background and reference checks (including COTER: check your name on counter-terrorism lists) for all candidates. As ZOA participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a written questionnaire: the “Statement of Conduct”, which will be sent to past employers regarding Misconduct (such as sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment). During the procedure you can be asked to provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.