ZOA supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster.
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from our office in Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. We are active in Africa, South America, the Middle East region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
Conflict and insecurity are primary drivers of acute food insecurity and limit livelihood options. In relief settings, ZOA ensures that people have direct access to food. In recovery oriented projects, we provide support to work towards sustainable food systems and livelihoods and increase people’s resilience. This can be achieved through a diverse range of livelihood activities. Our Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) activities are growing. That is why we are recruiting a
Specialist Food Security and Livelihoods
(Apeldoorn, 32-40 hours per week)
As our new Specialist FSL your focus will be on themes such as employability, income generating activities (IGA), market based development, and vocational skills training. You work together with our other Specialist FSL who focuses on agriculture. You are part of our Programme Development and Support Department which supports our country teams in developing and implementing programmes and projects.
You are responsible for supporting our country teams implement high-quality livelihoods programmes and projects, mostly in rural areas, providing expertise, advice and training. In this position you will regularly travel to our programme countries.
- Contributing to the development of our FSL strategy, guidelines and tools.
- Providing expertise, advice and support to country teams in the implementation of FSL programmes and projects.
- Organizing training and joint learning and exchange for colleagues working on FSL projects in the ZOA countries.
- Contributing to the development and review of new programme and project proposals, and actively identifying additional funding opportunities.
- Contributing to monitoring, reporting and evaluation of FSL programs and documenting results and track records.
- Representing ZOA in value-added networks and engaging in joint learning and research with other organisations and knowledge institutes.
Becoming successful as our new Specialist FSL means that you:
- Fully support our vision, mission and Christian values.
- Are culturally sensitive, able to collaborate with colleagues from different countries and backgrounds and have good writing skills.
- Take initiative, prioritize, plan and organize your work well, and have strong advisory and influencing skills.
- Preferably have a Master’s degree in Development Studies, Development and Economy, Food Security or other relevant field.
- Have 3-5 years experience in an advisory and expert role and have experience in market based livelihood development and employability.
- Have knowledge of methodologies and approaches for employability projects including skills training.
- Are fluent in English and preferably have good command of French or Arabic.
Working with ZOA as Specialist FSL means:
- A challenging position with the opportunity to further expand our FSL activities and impact our work globally.
- The opportunity to work with colleagues from all over the world and by visiting our programs witness first-hand the impact of our work.
- An international environment with a continuous focus on and desire to improve and innovate.
- Ability to work from home with flexible working hours.
- A one-year contract with the intention of an open ended contract.
- An attractive salary of € 3.498,,- to € 4.989,– (based on full-time, 40 hours) and good fringe benefits, including a 13th month, 29 leave days, and a good pension plan.
Interested and you want to apply?
Please apply directly via the application form on our website https://cvselectie.net/portals/zoa/ at the latest on January 20th 2023. If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Elly Urban, Director of Programme Development & Support of via email firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the recruitment process please contact David Karelse at +31-682568838 or email@example.com.
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
Please note that, as part of its recruitment process, ZOA carries out background and reference checks for all candidates. As ZOA participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a written questionnaire: the “Statement of Conduct”, which will be sent to past employers regarding Misconduct (such as sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment). During the procedure you can be asked to provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuur je je sollicitatie naar firstname.lastname@example.org