Leprazending is een internationale christelijke organisatie die strijdt tegen lepra. In 20 landen in Azië en Afrika lopen zo’n 200 projecten waar we – met giften van onze donateurs – leprapatiënten steunen en medische zorg geven.
Leprazending/The Leprosy Mission (TLM) is an international Christian organisation that combines a professional approach to leprosy control with attention and love for the individual patient. We want to assist leprosy patients medically, socially and mentally. Leprazending in the Netherlands is part of the international network of The Leprosy Mission Global Fellowship (TLM GF), which supports about 200 projects in 20 countries in Asia and Africa. Together we work towards Zero Leprosy, a world with Zero leprosy transmission, Zero disability and Zero discrimination of people affected by Leprosy.
We are currently recruiting an experienced
Program Coordinator/ Disability Inclusion Advisor
(Apeldoorn, 32 – 40 hours/ week)
TLM is a partner in the We are Able! (WAA!) consortium of ZOA (lead), which also include African Disability Forum, Light for the World, VNGI and The Hague Academy. We are Able! has been selected by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands to submit a full program proposal within the Power of Voices framework. ‘We are Able!’ focuses on empowerment, amplifying voices and creating resilience among women, men and youth with disabilities and other excluded groups, particularly those faced with food insecurity in areas of protracted crisis. The goal is improved food security and livelihood opportunities for persons with a disability as a result of changed laws, policies, norms and practices. The consortium works in six African states (Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Sudan and Uganda) as well as in the Netherlands. Final approval of the proposal is expected by December 1st 2020. The program runs from January 1st 2021 until December 31st 2025.
The Program Manager/Disability Inclusion Advisor will be employed by TLM NL and is line managed by the National Director of TLM NL.
Main responsibilities and tasks
You are responsible for the WAA! program coordination of the TLM part of WAA!
- You will advise on the development and implementation of the TLM program activities in DR Congo, Ethiopia, Burundi and the Netherlands in cooperation with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer of TLM NL.
- You will supervise and contribute to the development/adjustment of the annual activity plans in TLM countries in cooperation with the country teams.
- You will link and partner with external TLM subcontractors (mainly external trainers) and coordinate their activities.
- You will coach and advice the country level disability inclusion advisors and program coordinators and provide technical support to the TLM teams around disability inclusion and capacity development for lobby and advocacy.
- You will broker effective relationships between the TLM country teams and local DPOs as appropriate and work with and alongside DPOs and people with disabilities in advisory support.
- You will represent and advocate for the issue of disability inclusion and provide technical expertise and training on disability inclusion.
- You will advocate and ensure that persons affected by leprosy and their specific DPOs are included in the target groups and benefit as much as possible from the program activities.
- You will contribute to the program development at consortium level and represent TLM in several working groups within the We are able! Consortium.
- You will represent TLM NL on the issue of disability inclusion and actively participate in and contribute to the NL program of ‘We Are Able!’ (amongst others through partnering with DCDD) and international disability networks.
- You will gather, produce and process information around disability inclusion and lobby and advocacy as input for linking, learning and lobby activities in the Netherlands.
- You will help TLM NL to become an expertise organisation on disability inclusion and to play an active role in the TLM Global Fellowship disability inclusion community and support further development of disability inclusion approaches and practices in the Fellowship.
- University degree in the field of International Development, Disability Inclusion or similar.
- At least 5 years of experience in the International Development Sector, preferably at least 2 years in an overseas management position.
- Knowledge and experience in disability inclusion, capacity building and preferably one or more of the following fields: food security, gender, lobby & advocacy.
- Experience in program/project coordination preferably of multi-countries/multi-annual plans.
- Preferably knowledge and experience in at least one of the TLM countries of the consortium.
- Strong networking skills with interpersonal, organisational and intercultural sensitivity.
- Able to plan and coordinate and work in an organised manner.
- Able to bridge differences and bring people together.
- A strong vision and commitment towards localisation.
- Good command of Dutch, English and French (training setting).
- The willingness to frequently travel abroad.
- You are a committed Christian and an active member of a local congregation.
Leprazending offers you a challenging and dynamic work environment, in which you, together with colleagues at the Apeldoorn office and abroad, make it your mission to have persons with disabilities included in society and leprosy eradicated. You work out of the Apeldoorn office and you will be part of a small, dedicated and expert team of colleagues and volunteers. We initially offer a 1 year contract, with the intention to extend for the full 5 year program duration. The offered salary range is, depending on experience, € 3,000 up to a maximum of € 4,235 per month in full employment.
How to apply?
Interested and qualified candidates are kindly invited to send a cover letter and resume of max 4 pages (both in English) to Henno Couprie (National Director) at [email protected]. In your cover letter please reflect on your motivation for wanting to join Leprazending, being a Christian organisation.
For more information about this position, please contact Klaas Evers (Business Developer) at [email protected] or call him: +316-18981887. The first round of interviews are scheduled for week 43, starting the 9th of November 2020 at the Apeldoorn office.
Recruitment is subject to successful completion of all applicable background checks, including references and criminal record checks.